Our company is looking for an energetic, motivated, Self starter with a passion for design and a love for working with builders. Must have reliable transportation and outside sales experience. Degree in Design or Industrial Distribution preferred, but not required. Must be computer proficient. Plumbing knowledge preferred, but not required. Willing to train the right candidate. This position requires travel throughout Northern Texas (Dallas, Ft. Worth)
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Building Materials
Manages Others : No
Job Type : Sales
Experience : Not Specified
Travel : Up to 25%
Post Date : 10/15/2018
An aggressive representative agency that represents prominent plumbing manufacturers is looking for a self-motivated individual that can thrive in a sales/performance based position in the D/FW, TX area. The candidate will travel throughout Northern Texas (Ft. Worth - Dallas) and call on plumbing wholesalers, showrooms and deal with a wide range of people and companies in order to grow the sales territory.
Once fully trained, you will be required to actively promote the product lines that we represent to our clients, which are comprised of plumbing wholesalers and showrooms. In many cases indirect sales involvement with contractors, designers or engineers will be needed to help promote a given product line. Your territory sales volume will grow due to continued effective daily sales calls on clients.
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for all sales activities, from objective planning with management, execution of plans and various strategies to achieve the objectives. Your duties will include local sales and technical support of all customers with existing business. The ultimate goal will be objective achievement through solid customer support and successful implementation of sales strategies.
Key functions that you are expected to posses and deliver will include:
• To demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows you to give effective presentation.
• Have a complete understanding of pricing, proposal procedures, and execute accordingly.
• Regularly meet sales objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
• Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting from acquired new business.
• Develop a database of qualified targets through referrals, networking and face-to-face calling on business owners.
• Works with the Credit Department to establish new accounts.
• Participates in team meetings/conference calls and team goal accomplishments.
• Create and conduct effective proposal presentations to peer group to assist in identifying prospects, problematic sale strategies, and the effects of the problems.
• Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and follow-up on leads.
• Demonstrates the ability to gather complete data to allow for efficient processing of a sale.
• Ability to be on-time for appointments, meetings, and/or Company function to support networking processes.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
The ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees is critical in allowing the sales team to reach full potential. Most of all build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, make sound sales decisions, and demonstrate high integrity. Furthermore, maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet our core values.
Reports directly to the Director of Sales. Coordinates activities with Marketing, Accounting, and Inside Sales/Customer Service.
- Must hold a BS or sales experience with the plumbing industry.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in another language other than English is a plus
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to work well with people is essential
- Proficient telephone speaking skills are required
- Competent in assessing customer needs and identifying sales opportunities
- Ability to work independently with solid time-management and organization skills
- Must have a functioning vehicle for travel throughout Central Texas (Austin, San Antonio, The Valley)
The ability to communicate with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
The job is performed outside in the field at customer’s places of business. Candidate will have the ability to office from home. The region of responsibility will be the Central Texas. In some cases, visits to job sites will be required.
Sales Representatives salary structures are commissioned based with growth incentives. The position that you will be assuming already has an installed base to grow from.
Job Type: Full-time